Short-term/ Annual Entry Permit
WHAT IS STEP/ AEP
- STEP stands for Short-Term Entry Permit which can be obtained for those who are carrying out work for/ with any company within Johor Port's Free Zone area for a duration of 3 months or less.
- AEP stands for Annual Entry Permit which can be obtained for those who are carrying out work for/ with any company within Johor Port's Free Zone area for a duration from 4 to 12 months.
APPLICATION OF STEP & AEP
- Submission of application and issuance of STEP and AEP shall be made at Security Service Centre (SSC) during operating hours.
- Applicant(s) can either obtain the application form at Security Service Centre (SSC) or by filliing up Online Application Form Click here.
- Local Applicant(s) is required to bring along valid National Identity Card for verification.
- Foreign Applicant(s) is required to bring along an original passport and work permit with a set of photocopies to the Security Service Centre (SSC).
- Applicant(s) who will be working within JPB operational areas is required to attend Safety Induction prior to STEP/ AEP issuance. Applicant is required to bring along Safety Induction Declaration Form together with application letter upon request. View sample application letter here
- The STEP/ AEP will be issued according to the information given in the application form. Please be reminded that the issuance of STEP/ AEP is subject to further verification of documents by JPB Port Safety Department personnel.
CHARGES / FEES
- Application of permit : RM40.00/ person
- Renewal of permit : RM30.00/ person (1st renewal), RM15.00/ person (2nd renewal onwards)
- Application of permit : RM60.00/ person
- Renewal of permit : RM15.00/ person
- Application of Safety Induction for annual pass : RM50.00/ person
Security Service Centre (SSC) Operating Hours
Monday to Friday : 7.30am - 6.00pm
Saturday : 7.30am - 12.00noon
Sunday : Closed
Entry Permit Color Coding
Color code on Entry Permit determines which part of the port users are allowed to access. The color codes are as follows:-
||Bulk and Break Bulk
||BT2, 3 & 4
Issuance of Car Sticker
Port users with STEP/ AEP may obtain valid car sticker from Security Service Centre (SSC) prior entering the port premises.
For further assistance and enquiry regarding permit issuance, please proceed to Security Service Centre (SSC) or contact us at:
- 07-253 5888 ext. 652 (Pn. Roshana Ahmad)
- 07-253 5888 ext. 680 (En. Othman Che Ros)
Short-term / Annual Entry Permit Online Form: Click here